Did you see the yummy strawberry cheesecake recipe from Disney Dream’s Enchanted Garden restaurant? I have another recipe from the same place, this time one of their appetizers, the curried carrot and apple soup.
Curried Carrot and Apple Soup, Enchanted Garden / Disney Dream
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon curry powder
1 cup diced carrots (about 4 medium carrots) plus 1 whole carrot, divided
1 medium onion, chopped
2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped
4 cups vegetable broth
Coarse salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Plain yogurt, fresh parsley, for garnish
1. Heat the oil in a large, heavy bottomed pot over medium heat. Add curry powder and cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Add diced carrots, onions and apple, and stir until coated with the curry powder. Sauté for 5 minutes.
3. Add broth, stirring to combine.
4. Cover the pot. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until carrots and apples are very soft, about 20 to 25 minutes.
5. Puree in a blender, or with a hand-held blender. Taste, and add salt and pepper, if desired.
6. While soup is cooking, preheat oven to 400°F. Peel remaining whole carrot and cut into very thin curls. Roast for 3 to 5 minutes, or until ends are browned and crisp.
Serve: Top each bowl of soup with yogurt, roasted carrot curls and fresh parsley. Serve warm.
Check out Skimbaco Travel for the full coverage from the Disney Dream.
Full disclosure: Disney invited me to the christening cruise and all my expenses except the spa treatments were paid. My opinions are my own.