If we are lucky, we will get to enjoy Indian summer, unusually warm autumn this year.. but if not.. here are some great product picks for your Labor Day celebrations. One more time women, enjoy summer like it’s never going to end. Wear the white pants one last time, sip cocktails outside, and enjoy summer BBQ with your friends.
10 Ideas for Last Days of Summer
1. Don’t forget your sunglasses. The Elmore sunglasses by VonZipper are great bang for your buck for $95.
2. Accessorize to impress… this Tribal Circle Pendant in Turquoise by House of Harlow looks gorgeous and catches the eye.
3. NARS Foreplay blush gives you the perfect glow. The NARS Foreplay kit combines shades based on the bestselling Orgasm blush, and three additional shades, pink, peach and a shimmering gold to create the best glow for your skin tone.
4. Spiked Chichigalpa Cocktail with Rum
1.5 oz. Flor de Caña 7 yr Grand Reserve Rum
.25 oz. red apple pucker
1 oz. Apple-Cranberry Sparkling Cider
2 slices of Asian Pear
Juice of half a Lime
Muddle one pear slice in a cocktail shaker then add the Flor de Cana, Red Apple Pucker and lime juice with ice and shake vigorously.
Strain into a wine glass and top with sparkling apple-cranberry cider.
Place cranberries on top for garnish
5. Put a bracelet on it. This Ily Couture Fina bracelet is perfect arm candy and will bring color to your Indian summer and Labor day outfits.. and for the rest of the year.
6. White pants one more time, baby. Because after Labor Day you’ll have to just give those some closet time until next spring.
7. Wear a tunic, and hide under it how much you will indulge in the last BBQ party of the summer. I love the Rena tunic by Sulu Collection, perfect from backyard BBQ parties to travels (when I escape the arctic cold).
8. Fresh no mayo potato salad is probably my favorite BBQ side dish. Easy, inexpensive and yet a little different to the regular potato salad.
9. These plates will continue summer all year long. the Iittala Korento plates in blue are new for fall 2012, and I love the dragonfly poppy print and the blue colors, perfect plates for setting up a table for Labor Day dinner, and for continuing the feeling of summer all year long.
10. Drinks with friends, make a whole pitcher.
Nothing says more summer than a few drinks on the backyard with friends. Give the CAMUSrita Bliss a change and make a pitcher (or two) and share with friends. Happy Labor day!
CAMUSrita Bliss (serves 4)
1 cup CAMUS VS Elegance Cognac
½ cup X-Rated Fusion Liqueur
½ cup triple sec
½ cup sparkling water
½ cup zero calorie sweetener
Juice of 1 lemon
1 cup strawberries, pulsed in blender
1 cup ice
Pulse the strawberries in a blender; slowly add the lemon juice and sweetener to the mix.
Place mixture in the pitcher and add cognac, triple sec and sparkling water.
Lastly, add ice and serve.
Garnish margarita glasses with lemon twist.
Want more? I’m linking up with Long Distance Loving for Friday Fancies, get more inspiration for Labor Day from all blogs participating.