Spring is here and green is one of the top decorating colors for the spring. The earth month starts today, and while these finds may not be the most environmentally friendly – they get you the green set of mind for the spring.
While it would be great to go all the way green, but instead of starting to paint the walls to the new trendy color of the season, why not just try dressing your dinner table..? Here are three table settings with enough green to qualify to be trendy for spring, but also timeless modern lines & products that won’t go out of style for years to come. That’s why I love Scandinavian design – it’s simple, timeless and always elegant.
This table setting is from Just Scandinavian store in Tribeca, but I can see myself visiting a friend’s house, and seeing it on her table. I mean really, I know for a fact one of my best friends has most of the elements of this table setting. I recognize the dishes and the glassware, but unfortunately I have to admit, I was not able to recognize the place mats.
1. Arabia Paratiisi series is a popular series, found in many Finnish homes.
2. Iittala Maribowls (starting $34) come in different colors and are an iconic Finnish table top decoration and serving dish.
3. Iittala Aino large tumbler ($22.50 for a pair) is every day design, that lasts for years’ of use and still looks fresh and new. Aino glasses come in several colors and sizes.
4. Iittala Kartio Tumblers start at 20 bucks for a pair and come in several different colors (two shades of green) and different sizes.
This time I know the table cloth.. it’s Marimekko’s Dahlström-table clothe, made of Vågsvall-fabric, unfortunately I didn’t find it available online. But note the different colored dishes in the setting. I really like that when you use simple design, and the same dishes (in different colors) you can mix colors pretty randomly. Or get the same glasses or candle holders in different colors to mix it up, that way you can easily create table settings that fit different themes and seasons.
1. Iittala Teema is iconic Finnish collection, designed already in the 60s. From school cafeterias to restaurants to everyday use in homes – Teema has been everywhere since it’s debut. Available in several colors.
2. Iittala Ote glasses are featured in this table setting in clear, but like
3. Iittala Birds ($366) are popular collectibles that make stunning center piece to your dining table. Available in several designs & colors, and yes, all with fairly high price tags.
4. The unfortunate Marimekko fabric that I couldn’t find available online in green.
This table setting has a nice Finnish-Swedish mix. The simple white Finnish Arabia’s 24h-series’ dishes are mixed with Swedish plates that offer a little color to the mix. The Josef Frank’s bird fabric is really the key element to this setting – adding any more color with dishes would have been too much (for Scandinavian look).
1. Gustavsberg Adam plates (small plate $55) with blue dots is old and new at the same time. Great retro look that is easy to mix and match with other series.
2. The simple white Arabia 24h series, starting at X $.
3. Iittala Senta Wine Glasses, starting at $25 for a pair.
4. Did you see Mamma Mia! movie? If you adored the fabrics, they are designed by a Swedish designer Josef Frank, here featured the Green Birds linen fabric.