The Finnish airline Finnair has been flying between Finland and the United States for 40 years, and to celebrate the anniversary they are offering $400 ($477 with fees and taxes) flights between New York City and the Finnish capital Helsinki. This pretty much 40-50% the normal prices, so now if ever is a great time to book your flight to Finland and visit the beautiful Baltic Sea city of Helsinki.
Book now! To get this deal, you need to book by Sunday, May 24, and the price is available for travel dates May 31 – October 31, 2009.
What I miss about summer Helsinki…
– Market place with fresh strawberries, fresh peas and new potatoes (served with dill, butter and herring).
– Taking the ferry to Suomenlinna island, and having a picnic there while watching the boats go by.
– Shopping and seeing friends.
– Riding a bike to Espoo via little islands.
– Having a lonkero in one of the several outdoor restaurants.
Thank for this tip goes for Kim Orlando, the Traveling Mom