The book that everyone is talking about, The Help, is coming out as a movie on August 10th. Host a summer soiree inspired by The Help, or a book club meeting with pies and cocktails inspired by the book.
The Help Inspired Helpful Book Club Kit
DreamWorks Pictures has created an awesome “Helpful Book Club Kit” which contains everything you need to create a perfect The Help themed meeting for your club! The Book Club Kit includes southern style recipes, drinks inspired by the characters, discussion group questions and can be downloaded from the relay link below. DOWNLOAD The Help Book Club Recipe Booklet and here are some of some of the recipes.
The Help Inspired Pineapple Cake by Suzanne Stull
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (20 ounce) can crushed
pineapple with juice
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 9×13 inch pan.
2. Mix the flour, baking soda, salt, and 1 1/2 cups of the white sugar together.
3. Stir in the beaten eggs and the pineapple with juice and mix well.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes.
6. Make Buttery Milk Syrup: In a sauce-pan combine the butter or margarine, evaporated milk, vanilla, and 1/2 cup white sugar. Bring
mixture to a boil over medium high heat and cook for about 5 minutes. Pour over cake while still warm.
*Recipe courtesy of allrecipes.com® ©2011
The Help inspired cocktail “Minny”
Strong, with a kick.
2 oz. Vanilla Vodka
1 oz. Cointreau
2 Dashes Lemon Juice
1 Dash Simple Syrup
1. Mix all ingredients in an iced shaker for 10-seconds and strain over crushed ice in a lowball glass.
2. Top with crushed ice.
Non-alcoholic alternative for Minny
2 scoops (about 1/3 cup each) vanilla ice cream
chilled ginger beer or ginger ale
squeeze of fresh lime juice
3 Tbs lightly sweetened whipped cream
Lime slice, for garnish
1. Place ice cream in a tall 16-ounce glass. Fill with ginger beer.
2. Add a squeeze of lime juice; stir.
3. Top with whipped cream.
4. Garnish with lime slice.
5. Serve immediately with straws and a spoon.
Download The Help inspired Book Club Recipe Booklet
You can download the party booklet, just click the link you are able to get all of the recipes in a printable booklet.
Courtesy of DreamWorks.