I hope you are enjoying summer to the end of it, which unfortunately is looming. The morning coldness, almost daily rain showers.. fall is going to be up here in the North sooner than I wished for. You might be able to enjoy summer a little bit longer than us here, but the changing of the seasons can be felt every where this time of the year. Kids are back to school, we are all getting back or learning new routines, and it can all be very exciting and yet very stressful at the same time.
Live a little: enjoy home
Today I encourage you to live a little and enjoy the changing seasons at home. It’s time to start nesting for the fall, and time to start thinking of packing summer away. It’s time to think of the last BBQ parties to host, stocking up with more lanterns and candles, and doing an inventory inside your closet.
Above all, don’t just create a chore list of things to accomplish and work at home this fall, but create a list for yourself how you can enjoy the changing seasons at home. Life might be getting more hectic, but don’t let it out of your hands. Instead focus on creating a safe heaven, a relaxing atmosphere and a place where you can feel you are living life to the fullest just by being at home.
Here is my list how I want to enjoy home this fall:
– Dedicate Sundays for family, and cooking together. We made individual pizzas yesterday, and it was so much fun!
– Eat outside in the pack terrace – even if I have to wrap myself in a blanket.
– Read more books. We finally got library cards, and found English books in a flea market downtown. Missing Barnes & Noble tremendously, but am finding books that I had completely missed.
– Time to start making soups again. Soups that warm your body and soul, and that last for two days so I don’t have to cook every day. We started by making homemade chicken soup last week.
– Planning a craft room. So we can do more crafts and enjoy time together with the kids.
How are you living a little at home?